Indian Army Soldier
The life of an Indian army soldier is a prestigious and dignified one. Anyone can apply for a job in the Indian army, irrespective of his caste, religion, or class. The only criteria for recruitment, other than passing the age barrier is that the candidate meet the educational, physical, and medical standards as prescribed by the Indian army.
For aspiring soldiers, it is important to pay attention to the ad released. It is important that you carry the following documents when you go for the rally:
- Educational certificate/marksheet issued by the Recognized Education Board
- Residence Certificate with photograph issued by authorized signatory of the State Government/Tehsildar/SDM
- Caste Certificate with photograph signed by Village Sarpanch (except in the case of SIKH (Mazbi and Ramdasia), Gujjar and Gorkha candidates wherein it must be signed by the authorized signatory of the State Government/Tehsildar/SDM. Candidates belonging to Dogra Community must produce certificate with photograph issued by Tehsildar/Authorised Government Signatory.)
- Religion Certificate issued by the authorized signatory of the State Government/Tehsildar/SDM
- School Character Certificate issued by the Schools/Colleges Principal/Headmaster
- Character Certificate with photograph issued within the last six months by the Village Sarpanch/Municipal Corporation/Police
- Unmarried Certificate with photograph issued within the last six months by Village Sarpanch/District Administration (If candidate is below 21 years of age)
- Relationship Certificate issued by concerned Records Office (Applicable for only the Son of Serving Soldiers/Widows/War Widows, and Ex-servicemen)
- NCC A/B/C Certificates. In case of NCC Certificate holders relevant certificates and certificate for participation in Republic Day Parade to be produced
Sports Certificate to be produced if represented in the following
- Represented India at International level.
- Represented State at National Level.
- Represented District at National Level.
- Represented University Team or Regional Team at District Level.
- Candidates having O+ Level Computer Certificate ‘Business Professional Programmer’ issued by the DOEACC Society
- Latest passport size photographs
- Kandi area certificate for applicable candidates issued by Tehsildar / Authorised Government Signatory
SSLC/Matric with 45% marks in aggregate, and 33% in each subject. No minimum % is essential if higher qualifications exist
Minimum of 17 ½
RRB Exam Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria vary as per the posts. RRB eligibility criteria for various exams are given below:
|Soldier (General Duty) (All Arms||Cl 10th /Matric pass with Min 45% marks in aggregate and Min 33% in each subject||17 ½ - 21 Yrs|
|Soldier Technical (Technical Arms, Artillery, Army Air Defence)||(a) Sol Tech 10+2/Intermediate Exam pass in Science with Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English with min 50% marks in aggregate and min 40% marks in each subject (b)Sol Tech (Aviation & Ammunition Examiner) 10+2/Intermediate Exam pass in Science with Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English with min 50% marks in aggregate and min 40% marks in each subject||17 ½ - 23 Yrs|
|Soldier Clerk / Store Keeper Technical (All Arms)||10+2/Intermediate Examination Pass in any stream (Arts, Commerce, Science) with min 60% marks in aggregate and min 50% in each subject. Securing 50% in English and Maths/Accounts/Book keeping in Class 12th is mandatory.||17 ½ - 23 Yrs|
|Soldier Nursing Assistant (Army Medical Corps)||10+2/Intermediate Exam pass in Science with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English with min 50% marks in aggregate and min 40% in each subject.||17 ½ - 23 Yrs|
|Sepoy Pharma (Army Medical Corps)||10+2 or equivalent exam passed with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English, qualified in D Pharma with minimum 55% marks in aggregate and registered with State Pharmacy Council/Pharmacy Council of India. Individual qualified in B Pharma with minimum 50% marks and registered with State Pharmacy Council/Pharmacy Council of India will also be eligible.||19 - 25 Yrs|
|Soldier Nursing Assistant Veterinary (Remount Veterinary Corps)||10+2/Intermediate Exam pass in Science with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English with min 50% marks in aggregate and min 40% in each subject.||17 ½ - 23 Yrs|
|Soldier Tradesmen (All Arms except Syce, Mess Keeper and House Keeper )||i) 10th Simple Pass. ii) No stipulation in aggregate percentage but should have scored min 33% in each subject.||17 ½ - 23 Yrs|
|Soldier Tradesmen (Syce, Mess Keeper and House Keeper)||i) 8th Simple Pass. ii) No stipulation in aggregate percentage but should have scored min 33% in each subject.||17 ½ - 23 Yrs|
|Survey Automated Cartographer (Engineers)||BA/BSc with Maths. Must have also passed 12th class(10+2) or equivalent with Maths and Science as main subjects.||20-25 Yrs|
|Junior Commissioned Officer Religious Teacher (All Arms)||As per the Notification.||25-34 Yrs|
|Junior Commissioned Officer Catering (Army Service Corps)||10+2 or equivalent exam and Diploma / Certificate Course of a duration of one year or more in Cookery / Hotel Management and Catering Tech from a recognized University / Food Craft Institute. AICTE recognition is not mandatory.||21-27 Yrs|
|Havildar Education (Army Education Corps)||Group X - MA / MSc / MCA or BA / BSc / BCA / BSc (IT) with B Ed Group Y - BSc/BA/BCA/B Sc (IT) (w/o B Ed.)||20-25 Yrs|
|Soldier (General Duty) Women Military police||Minimum education qualification is Matric /10th/SSLC or equivalent with 45% marks in aggregate and minimum 33% marks in each subject studied at matric/10th/SSLC level, without mentioning any specific subjects.
(Note: # Upper Age limit will be relaxable upto 30 yrs of age (as on date of joining training) in respect of widows of Defence personnel who have died in harness.)
|17 ½ - 21 Yrs #|